Friday, January 13, 2012

Truly Yours: Regrets

I thought that your love was everything I could ever need
I couldn't imagine life any other way
Bur things changed like they often do
Never thought Id see the day...
But it's come
And it's passed
What I believed was my "forever"
Didn't last
I realized how much it changed me
Not for the better but for the worse
I never believed you were capable of inflicting this pain
You are my curse
And typically I don't regret
But all I want at this point is to forget
All I was put through 
All the time spent, wasted on you
I wish I could take back my love
Take back my heart
Wish I could have seen this coming
I regret letting this start
I regret letting my guard down
I regret letting you in
I regret opening up
I hate that I let you win
But what good will my regret do me?
Not an ounce or an inch will I benefit
These things happened and the past won't change
Now I can only put an end to it
You got the best of me
I'll give you that
But I'm taking the rest back
Raised glasses to the tricks you pulled out of your hat
Because I'm pleased to say without you I'm so much happier
This closed door opened up more leading to bigger and better
Karma is gonna be your next chick
You've just yet to have met her
At the end of it all
My hands are clean
I was the best you could ask for
So in that sense I don't regret a thing
But the joke is on you
At the end of the day
You can't replace me and you're gonna regret
That I was the one who got away.

No comments:

Post a Comment